Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bad news :( turned into good news!


Packed it all up again.
Movin on out...

Well sometimes we just need to learn lessons the hard way.  Unfortunately, we can't always just trust one another.  Get things that matter in writing.  Then, there's no "misunderstanding". 

About a week ago,  just when we were all "settled" into our new casa, my jewelry was finally all unpacked, my beads were ready to be strung so to speak, we developed our daily routines, our second round of guests were here when all of the sudden, the BAD news came.   Our landlord, Rolland, who owns the home, calls me to let me know that they, he and Trinny, will not be able to extend our contract one additional month as he had verbally confirmed they could.  You see we SIGNED the contract for exactly 2 months.  Loved it.  Decided why not stay just one more month? So we asked several weeks ago.  "No problem," said Rolland.  Trinny(the real estate agent who is also Rollands' wife) said, it was okay according to Rolland.

Rolland called it a "misunderstanding".  I call it lying.  Going back on your word.  And, watching out for what's in your best interest.

The good news is this.  Lesson learned.  And why dwell on it.  I just didn't want to pack, move, unpack and do all that stuff over again so soon.  And most of all, I didn't want to spend the next week shopping for a new home!  So, I pulled up all my saved files on places we had already visited.  At the top of the list, was one that we wanted to book but we were hours too late.  Some one just booked April at the time.  So, I called the real estate agent hoping it was available for May 6 to June 6.  YES!  Problem solved.  We signed the paper work.  And here we are.  All packed up, moved, and unpacked.  Just a little more housekeeping to do!

I hope to get some pictures done tomorrow.  Stay tuned.  I'll post them right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to post your comments in the box below! Then be sure to click on "post comment".