Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bad news turned into blissful moments with mother nature



My bad news turned into good news. For at least the last 2 -3 months I have been physically unable to go to the gym because my sacroiliac "locked up" and said to me, "no more"! Then a few weeks later, I had a herniated disc in my neck! So, that was frustrating in that I could no longer enjoy part of my routine, a vigorous work out at Golds Gym PV.

This whole debilitating ordeal sent me on a search for what I knew I needed, a GOOD chiropractor here in Puerto Vallarta. Easier said than done when you're in new territory. Everything takes longer than your wildest estimation and well you need to ask questions and listen in Spanish too. After one horrible experience, I was reminded of what I already knew, don't trust a tittle. This put me on a mission to find chiropractors to "interview"! Before I would pay them a thing, I informed them that I needed to hear their "sales pitch"first, period.

How do you diagnose? What kinds of treatments do you do? What do you think of physical therapy? Where did you go to school? Who have you treated?

So, that's what I did. And, Dr. Oscar Margain, passed my test. Please check out his website with testimonials here. Mind you, I have been treated successfully by 3 chiropractors over the last 20 years all in the US. Dr Oscar Margain is a chiropractor GENIUS who goes beyond the text book with great common sense!

So why the picture of the pool for this post? Combing pool exercises, mega doses of vitamin B shots, chiropractic adjustments, special floor exercises, and sonic treatments on my sacroiliac over the last several weeks are all part of Dr Margain's treatment plan. Good nutrition, lots of water, exercise, treatments etc. are all part of the approach. Guess what, it works!

What a beautiful way to spend my time checking out all 5 pools in the common area which are spattered across the condo complex. Doing 30 minutes of water exercise surrounded by the beauty of mother nature, wasn't so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to post your comments in the box below! Then be sure to click on "post comment".